Well, I’ll be honest – I wasn’t sure whether to enter this card in the competition at all, because some of the entries are just crazy good. However, I did take a lot of care over colouring my characters and I like how the card turned out, so if nothing else, I could end up being the winner picked at random 😉
I made this card for my little girl who is turning 5 in a few weeks. She has asked for a Disney Princess party so I thought the Cinderella theming would be perfect for her!
To start, I stamped (with MFT Extreme Black ink), coloured and fussy cut the images from the Pretty Princess stamp set. The Copics I used for the fairy godmother and the princess are:
Fairy godmother: Hair: E49, E18, E09, E17 / Dress: B04, B01, B000 / Skin: E53, E51, E50, R01 / Wings: G00, G000 / Wand: Y13
Princess: Hair: Y15, Y11, Y00, Y000 / Dress: RV17, RV14, RV13, RV11 / Skin: R01, E50, E000, R20
Next, I used the Watercolor Wash Free Form stencil, and lay it down over my card panel to help me work out where to place the different elements of the scene. I stamped the carriage inside the stencil, then stamped it again on masking paper. I cut out the mask and placed it over the stamped carriage. I then tore some scrap paper to make a stencil for my ground, and lay it down on the page. Above the ground, I ink blended a night sky using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot distress oxides. For the ground, I used antique linen and and frayed burlap distress oxides.
I wanted to add some stars to my night sky, so I kept the carriage and the ground covered up, and watered down some white paint onto an acrylic block, which I flicked on to the background with a paintbrush.
Next, I removed the mask and coloured the carriage. The colours I used were: RV14, RV13 and RV11 (rooftop and curtains), C3, C1 and C0 (carriage), W3 and W1 (inside the windows) and gold pen for the trims and wheels.
There were some small places in the carriage that were covered by the mask during the ink blending, so I checked my Copic Hex chart to find the colour that closest matched the background (which was B28 for the sky and E71 for the ground), and coloured those areas to match.
I added white gel pen highlights to each of my images, then added the fairy godmother and the princess to the card using foam dots. I then heat embossed my sentiment on to some black card and also added this with foam dots. Finally, I added some pink moonstone sequins from Lucy’s cards to finish.
Good luck to everyone who has entered the competition so far, I’ve loved seeing everyone’s entries and I can’t wait to find out who the winners are!
Leave a Reply