Today I’m sharing the 2nd thank you card I made after Christmas, and this one was also mass produced, even if it doesn’t look it!
To start, I cut two of the Altenew Garden Trellis background die (for each card) from white card, glued them together for dimension, then glued them to a vanilla coloured piece of A2 card.
Next, I used an amazing technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire to make a handmade jig, allowing you to quickly mass produce with co-ordinating stamps and dies. The video tutorial is here: https://youtu.be/8dsrDhzUNAo
I used the Painted Peony stamp and die sets from Concord & 9th, die cut each of the shapes in scrap card to make my jig, then followed Jennifer’s process to stamp all the layers of the flowers. In one lunch hour, I made enough florals for 6 cards.
The colours I used for the stamping were all from Concord and 9th. For the large peony I used Ballet Slipper, Grapefruit and Poppy, then Buttercup and Wheat for the centre. For the small peony, I used Aqua Sky, Oceanside and Peacock. For the large leaves I used Clover and Evergreen, and for the smaller ones I used Sprout and Parsley. Finally, for the little buds I used Stardust and Wheat.
I arranged the florals over my lattice background and secured with liquid glue. I then die cut the “thanks” die (by Time for Tea Designs) from black card, and added a layer of Glossy Accents to the top for some shine. I glued the “thanks” to the top of my floral arrangement, then finished the card off with some raindrop embellishments from Lucy’s Cards.
I loved making these cards, and they really didn’t take very long to do – even if they look like they did! The best type of card 😂
Leave a Reply